Pages


Sunday, June 17, 2012

Book Review - The Whisperer by Donato Carrisi



The Whisperer by Donato Carrisi

Murder/mystery, my favorite genre. Just okay for me. A little slow (not sure if it has anything to do with the translation?) but I did finish. Quite a few twists and turns, but in the end it almost felt like the twists were put in there just for the sake of having another twist, if you know what I mean?

Would have scored it a little higher if not for one aspect [SPOILER] - a psychic was used to solve part of the crime... not discrediting the use of psychic, but the whole story had been based on this criminologist and a missing-child-profiler using their expertise to find the serial killer, so the use of a psychic seemed like a cop-out. [/END SPOILER]

3 Stars.



Note - The book was borrowed from the library.



All reviews and posts are copyrighted by Christa @ Mental Foodie. Please do not use or reprint them without written permission.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like all my favourite bloggers are in a reading rut or is it just that we are choosing poorly :-(

    And it is not just our genre of choice, I have tried others too.

    Hello to baby :-) when is due date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am due Aug 12, so getting close!! I guess my attention has been distracted by other pressing matters :) I had no idea about this book - just went to the library, saw it on the shelf, and thought it sounded promising. Sometimes I don't know if it's better to read blogger reviews, and choose books based on my TBR list; or be surprised by reading something I didn't know anything about...

      Delete