Pages


Friday, May 30, 2014

Book Review - The Manufactured Identity (Manufactured Identity #1) by Heath Sommer

The Manufactured Identity (Manufactured Identity, #1)

The Manufactured Identity (Manufactured Identity #1) by Heath Sommer

This book was highly recommended by a fellow blogger, Tea Time with Marce, so I had pretty high expectation! Maybe because of that, this book fell short... I like the plot twists (I was able to guess one twist, but not the subplot twist, so that was a good surprise) but I felt there wasn't a lot of character development so I wasn't attached to any characters. Nor did I feel much emotion about any of the characters.

Not sure if I would continue to the next book or not - I read the brief description, and it seems like 2 characters from the first book - whom I didn't think were really the main protagonists - would be the focus of the series. Tell me if I should read #2?

3 Stars


Note - I won a free copy of this book.



All reviews and posts are copyrighted by Christa @ Mental Foodie. Please do not use or reprint them without written permission.

1 comment:

  1. I am not shocked Christa, but this one blew my mind. I understand why - I love the counseling, figuring people out almost from a work point of view and I think this was kind of more text book then novel. Of course this is my thought years after reading it. I still quite loved it but realise a very hard one to recommend. Maybe to Psychologist.

    The other books for me just made more sense as a whole trilogy but not necessary a need to read.

    Sorry you didn't enjoy more.

    ReplyDelete