Pages


Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Updates

  • Even though I hadn't been posting (busy at work, then got a cold), I'd been reading. Read a couple of good ones too so I'm glad!
  • Argh I'm sick of the cold and snow already... already have 2 feet of snow and expecting 5-7" today/tomorrow.... Last week it was -30F with windchill... It's nice to have a white Christmas when you get to be inside by a fire with a hot chocolate (or your choice of drink) - but more than one day of it is enough :) Have just watched New In Town with Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick Jr. Gotta laugh (supposedly set in a small town in MN, not the one I live in though but we went there last year during Oktoberfest.) They filed in Winnipeg, Canada though at -57F, so I shouldn't complain too much!
  • Anyway, here's a list of reviews coming up!
  • Not by Chance Alone: My Life as a Social Psychologist by Elliot Aronson - love this! May not appeal to others though
  • The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood - disappointed
  • Semper Cool: One Marine's Fond Memories of Vietnam by Marry Fixler - interesting
  • Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls - really enjoyed this!
  • Simply from Scratch by Alicia Bessette - eh.
  • Reading now: PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern (no haven't watched the movie). 1/3 to go... okay so far but already wish it's shorter. Since I don't usually read chicklit, I thought I'd at least give it a couple of try this year (this one and Simply from Scratch - both with similar themes - widows at an early age (30/early 30's). 
  • Hopefully I can have the reviews up by this weekend... we're not hosting anything so should give me some time! 
  • Stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. I don't have that much snow but I'm getting sick of it. Actually it's the people who don't shovel or put salt down that are getting to me.

    I am looking forward to your review of the social psychologist book. That's something I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't snow here but even when I visit after 2 days I have had enough.

    I look forward to your reviews of Half Broke Horses and Not by Chance Alone, sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're getting time to read, if not to blog much. That's been the case with me too! Your read list looks great - I've been meaning to read Half-Broke Horses sometime! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete