Pages


Saturday, September 3, 2011

My Blog's Personality Type (MBTI - Myers-Briggs Type Indicator)

Being a psychology student, I loved doing all sort of personality tests :)

Came across this website from Hello, My Name Is Alice:

Just put in your blog name here and find out what your blog's personality is!

Here is my blog result :)


The analysis indicates that the author of http://mentalfoodie.blogspot.com is of the type:

ISFP - The Artists

The gentle and compassionate type. They are especially attuned their inner values and what other people need. They are not friends of many words and tend to take the worries of the world on their shoulders. They tend to follow the path of least resistance and have to look out not to be taken advantage of.

They often prefer working quietly, behind the scene as a part of a team. They tend to value their friends and family above what they do for a living.

I have done the MBTI in real life, and I usually score a INTJ or INFJ As you can also see in the graph below, I am about an equal split on the F and T axis (top left to bottom right). Ha, maybe I am more of a N than an S in real life (imagination and symbol), but my blog is very orderly and detailed :p I wonder how it knows my blog is an "I"


So what is YOUR type? 

Is your real life type and your blog type the same?


Analysis


This graph displays dominant parts during the writing:




























Note:

If you have never heard of MBTI, here's a little explanation (copy and paste from here):

Excerpted with permission from the MBTI® Manual: A Guide to the Development and Use of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®
 
Favorite world: Do you prefer to focus on the outer world or on your own inner world? This is called Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I).

Information: Do you prefer to focus on the basic information you take in or do you prefer to interpret and add meaning? This is called Sensing (S) or Intuition (N).

Decisions: When making decisions, do you prefer to first look at logic and consistency or first look at the people and special circumstances? This is called Thinking (T) or Feeling (F).

Structure: In dealing with the outside world, do you prefer to get things decided or do you prefer to stay open to new information and options? This is called Judging (J) or Perceiving (P).

Your Personality Type: When you decide on your preference in each category, you have your own personality type, which can be expressed as a code with four letters.

The 16 personality types of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® instrument are listed here as they are often shown in what is called a “type table.”

4 comments:

  1. So glad you posted this -- it's fascinating! I just checked my blog's type, and it's exactly the opposite of my own personality type. Not sure what to think... but I'm fascinated by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool website! I had the same thing as Unruly Reader -- my blog type is almost exactly opposite of what I get in real life... I have no idea what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that we're all trying this, disagree with the results, and really have no idea what it means. But, we're still doing it anyway! I just love doing these tests and don't really take it all very seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Myers Briggs tests - I first did one 12 years ago and over the years I have always remained the same as you - ISFJ or INFJ. Bizzarely, my blog was the opposite! ;)

    The Book Whisperer x

    ReplyDelete