Pages


Monday, September 26, 2011

Yes I am still Alive

Yes I am still alive... quietly reading.

And slowly. (The last book, Domestic Violets, took me 7 days to read?! Usually it takes me half the time when it's an average size book... )

I am reading your blogs too, but may not have commented much.

I am hoping I'll start reviewing again soon.

The last review was posted August 6, and the two before that were on July 4?!?!

Where did the time go...

Latest reads:

  1. Ashes, Ashes, We All Fall Down: A Novel by Irene Schram
  2. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
  3. The Blade Itself by Marcus Sakey 
  4. Letters for Emily by Camron Wright  
  5. Hot Lights, Cold Steel by D. P. Lyle 
  6. Domestic Violets by Matthew Norman
  7. Stolen Life: A Memoir by Jaycee Lee Dugard
  8. On the Mend: Revolutionizing Healthcare to Save Lives and Transform the Industry by John Toussaint and Roger Gerard

10 comments:

  1. I have missed you but you are forgiven since your reading :-). More reviews for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you were there Christa - just assumed it was a really, really gripping book - turns out it was eight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Garden Spells earlier this year. I fell in absolute love with Sarah Addison Allen. I hope you enjoyed it too. :)

    -jehara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading waaaay slowly too. It took me 12 days in the middle of the month to finish a book, and I've been on the same one for almost a week now. It's frustrating!

    I'm also waaaay behind on reviews, and I'm not sure when I'm going to catch up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Marce - definitely missed blogging... but I had to do like 6 reports for work, so got sick of writing for a bit (even though the reports were nothing like my blog posting!)

    @Fiona - did read some good books, but some just so-so :)

    @jehara/quirky girls - I "discovered" SAA this year and I had read all of them :) My favorite is The Sugar Queen though which happened to the first one I read.

    @Kim - I hear ya... Just when I thought work was slowing down, it got all busy again, which really slowed my reading particularly non-fiction...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to read your reviews of some of these books. I have Garden Spells on TBR and I read the Jaycee Dugard book. Rae

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered her this year too! The Girl Who Chased the Moon was my first. I read all of her books one after the other. I think Garden Spells might be favorite.

    -jehara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sarah Addison Allen...her books always make my brain happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @quirky girls/jehara - I came across her because Garden Spells was one of the options we can choose to read for my book club. It didn't end up as a finalist, but I read it anyway (well I chose to read The Sugar Queen first in case Garden Spells ended up being a book club pick)

    @softdrink - yes if I want something a bit more fluffy I go to her!

    ReplyDelete