Pages


Saturday, December 31, 2011

Yes it'd be here...

Yes I'd do a best-of / end-of-year-recap post... but it is not ready yet because I am still trying to squeeze one last book in! I'm hoping I can finish tonight or tomorrow, but since we have a family event to go to tomorrow, I won't have time to post until later, or in 2012! :)

It has been interesting to read everyone's top list and stats! 

Here were my reading goals for 2011 - come back later to see how I did!

  1. Quality over quantity. If I can reach 100 books again for the 4th year in a row - fine. If not, I won't stress out much about it.
  2. Read approximately half fiction and half non-fiction
  3. Continue to blog every book, hopefully within a week
  4. Let's see if I can stick to doing BTT every week!
  5. Keep recommending books to others and encourage non-readers to discover the magic of books!
  6. As much as I love my local library, I should at least read 10 of my own books... there are 170+ waiting...
  7. Give audio books a try, while trying to exercise (bought an elliptical and have hardly used it... because I'd rather use the time to read instead... and I can't read it and use it at the same time. Perhaps audio books will help lower the opportunity cost)
  8. Read 5 books with husband - he prefers audio books and I prefer reading. So to spend more quality time together, maybe we'll pick a book and I'll read to him instead. We did one book together last year and it seemed to work quite well. Since English is not my first language, he can correct my pronunciation too. Kill multiple birds with one stone :)
  9. Read 5 books I won't normally choose. Even if I can't finish, at least give it a try.
  10. Just enjoy reading... it shouldn't be a chore

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for some of your responses. Some I'm like I don't think she did that one, maybe a few of those, yes to that, hahahaha

    Happy New Year Christa can't wait for our reading choices next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Marce - hehehe. I definitely didn't meet all my goals - thanks for paying attention lol. I've posted my response up in another post. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete