Pages


Thursday, November 1, 2012

Book Review - UnWholly (Unwind Trilogy #2) by Neal Shusterman



UnWholly (Unwind Trilogy #2) by Neal Shusterman

Unwind was one of my fav YA dystopian books (see my review here).  At that time, there was not going to be a sequel, but I guess its popularity demanded one and now it's a trilogy.

I was disappointed in the beginning - it was very choppy, alternating between many characters and "announcements"/newspaper clips. The 3 main characters from the first book were hardly mentioned and many new characters were introduced. I didn't really get engaged until about half way through the ~400 books when you get to know the characters better, and have a better sense of the plot.

I like the theme of the book, and "Cam" is an intriguing character. I am glad I didn't give up the book, because now I'd for sure read the last book to find out what happened. Unwind was a 4.5 Stars book for me, but this one is only 3.5 due to its choppy, slow start. 



Note - The book was borrowed from the library.



All reviews and posts are copyrighted by Christa @ Mental Foodie. Please do not use or reprint them without written permission.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this one before but then again dystopian is not my thing.

    My last review I thought of you, think you would enjoy it but also think new moms have enough to think about without additional paranoia so maybe wait it out. Re - January First.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unwind was good, but UnWholly was just so much better! I loved the fact that Shusterman introduced new characters instead of confining the story to the point of view of the old ones.
    Here's the full review on my blog! :)
    http://geekie-chic.blogspot.in/2014/02/unwholly-unwind-dystology-2-by-neal.html

    ReplyDelete