Not reading much nowadays make it much easier for me to blog reviews... since I actually don't read everyday... that means there is no fallen behind since I am not under the pressure/thrill to start a new book right after I finish one! So that makes blogging a bit more enjoyable but it also means blogging less since I am reading way less...
Thought I'd take a lot to see how many books I am still behind though, since this year is almost done you know?
8 Fiction and 2 Non-Fiction from 2011 (yep you read that right!!)
11 Fiction and 8 Non-Fiction and 2 DNF in 2012.
Total = 31.
I'd list them all here, maybe it'd motivate me to catch up. Or do mini-reviews...
- The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt: A Novel in Pictures by Caroline Preston (3 Stars)
- I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder (3 Stars)
- Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross (3.5 Stars)
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach (2 Stars)
- Q: A Novel by Evan Mandery (3.5 Stars)
- Paper Angels by Jimmy Wayne and Travis Thrasher (3.5 Stars)
- The World We Found by Thrity Umrigar (3.25 Stars)
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (4.75 Stars)
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (2 Stars)
- Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu (4 Stars)
- The Restorer (Graveyard Queen #1) by Amanda Stevens (3.5 Stars)
- 1222 (Hanne Wilhelmsen #8) by Anne Holt (3.5 Stars)
- Half-Past Dawn by Richard Doetsch (3 Stars)
- The Devotion of Suspect X 容疑者Xの献身 by Keigo Higashino 東野圭吾(4.5 Stars)
- The Three Coffins (Dr. Gideon Fell, #6) / The Hollow Man by John Dickson Carr (3.5 Stars)
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (4 Stars)
- Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer (4 Stars)
- Legend by Marie Lu (4 Stars)
- Delaney's Shadow by Ingrid Weaver (3.5 Stars)
- Missed Connections: Love, Lost & Found by Sophie Blackhall (3.5 Stars)
- The Wisdom of Big Bird (and the Dark Genius of Oscar the Grouch): Lessons from a Life in Feathers by Caroll Spinney and J. Milligan (3.5 Stars)
- A Tiger in the Kitchen: A Memoir of Food and Family by Cheryl Lu-Lien Tan (3.5 Stars)
- How to Avoid Making Art (or Anything Else You Enjoy) by Julia Cameron (2 Stars)
- Helicopters, Drill Sergent and Consultants: Parenting Styles and the Messages They Send (Love and Logic series) by Jim Fay (4 Stars)
- What I Thought I Knew: A Memoir by Alice Eve Cohen (3.5 Stars)
- French Kids Eat Everything: How Our Family Moved to France, Cured Picky Eating, Banned Snacking, and Discovered 10 Simple Rules for Raising Happy, Healthy Eaters by Karen Le Billon (4 Stars)
- Bringing the Baby Home: An Owner's Manual for First Time Parents by Laura Zahn (4 Stars)
- HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method by Marie F. Mongan
- The First Eight Days of Being a Mom by Gea Meijering
- The Ghost Map: The Story of London's Most Terrifying Epidemic--and How It Changed Science, Cities, and the Modern World by Steven Johnson
- The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
And of course there are still a bunch of ARC I was supposed to review... well I'd need to read them first wouldn't I. I have stopped taking in ARC since I don't think it'd be fair... will I ever read up to 100 books a year again? Not including children's books of course :) So far I'd read 28 this year (19 Fiction and 9 NF, and 4 DNF).
All reviews and posts are copyrighted by Christa @ Mental Foodie. Please do not use or reprint them without written permission.