Pages


Sunday, May 23, 2010

Updates

Work and life has been keeping me busy this past couple of weeks. While I have time to read, I haven't time to blog or visit other blogs much - sorry!

Here are a few reviews coming up when I find the time!
  • Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
  • Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
  • The Red Tree by Shaun Tan
  • Poison Study by Maria Snyder
Not finished yet - I started A Purse of Your Own: An Easy Guide to Financial Security by Deborah Owens and Brenda Lane Richardson. I am on p98 (of 290), and decided that I want to buy a copy of this book, as there were many resources I want to highlight and keep a copy handy. I will review once I finish the book, but so far I'm liking it a lot - I don't know a lot about finances apart from not spending more than what we have (well, excluding student loan and mortgage) and feel like we really need to learn a little more about money and investing for the future.

Next read is Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard by Chip Heath and Dan Heath. I have read the authors' first book, Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die and really enjoyed it (and learned from it) so can't wait to read the 2nd book! Bumping this book up as I need to return it by Friday 5/28.

Then after that will probably read Moloka'i by Alan Brennert as I need to return it by 6/1 - but if I can renew it then it may not be the next one yet (there are 2 copies out, both due by 6/1, and there is a hold on it. So if the other borrower returns it sooner than I do, then I will be able to renew!)

Happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment