Pages


Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - Movie?

I was reading this article, Lit Takes a Hit in Hollywood, and learned that:


HBO got the book world's attention with its recent acquisition of Rebecca Skloot's nonfiction bestseller "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks," for Alan Ball and Oprah Winfrey's Harpo Films to produce as an HBO tele-pic. The book's reps, UTA and Writer's House, were aggressive in shopping the tome to film and TV buyers months before it hit bookstores in February.

Interesting!

After reading the book, it didn't immediately entered my mind that it's book-to-movie material, but what do I know about the movie industry! I wonder if the story will focus on Henrietta, or the author Rebecca Skloot's quest to track down Henrietta's story?

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't that surprised when I heard about it, it would make an interesting movie and is a good way to get the story out to those who may not pick up the book.

    I hadn't thought about which perspective it would be from, that's a good question.

    ReplyDelete