Lesley from A Life in Books is hosting the 2010 Bibliophilic Book Challenge. More info here.
- The challenge will be to read a set number of books that focus on books or reading. These can be fictional works, such as The Eyre Affair or The Shadow of the Wind; or non-fiction works such as 84, Charing Cross Road or The Polysyllabic Spree. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of books out there that would fit this challenge.
- The challenge begins on January 1, 2010 and ends on December 31, 2010. You must sign up for the challenge by January 31st, 2010.
- Only books read during the challenge will count. You may reread books as well as cross-reference books with other challenges.
- You do not need to make out a list when you sign up and you can change your mind on particular book selections throughout the challenge. I like to have flexibility for my reading whims!
- There are three levels for you to choose from:
- Bookworm: Read three books
- Litlover: Read six books
- Bibliomaniac: Read twelve books
Read about books or reading! Actually as I looked at my pile of books I borrowed from the library, there are 3 books that would already fit into this category. Should I try to read 3, or 6....? I think I will stick with "Bookworm" for now, so that I have time to read books for other challenges. If I end up reading more than 3, all the better!
- Godmother: The Secret Cinderella Story by Carolyn Turgeon
Challenge Participants' Reviews:January