Pages


Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Bibliophilic Books Challenge


Lesley from A Life in Books is hosting the 2010 Bibliophilic Book Challenge. More info here.

  • The challenge will be to read a set number of books that focus on books or reading. These can be fictional works, such as The Eyre Affair or The Shadow of the Wind; or non-fiction works such as 84, Charing Cross Road or The Polysyllabic Spree. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of books out there that would fit this challenge.
  • The challenge begins on January 1, 2010 and ends on December 31, 2010. You must sign up for the challenge by January 31st, 2010.
  • Only books read during the challenge will count. You may reread books as well as cross-reference books with other challenges.
  • You do not need to make out a list when you sign up and you can change your mind on particular book selections throughout the challenge. I like to have flexibility for my reading whims!
  • There are three levels for you to choose from:
    • Bookworm: Read three books
    • Litlover: Read six books
    • Bibliomaniac: Read twelve books  

My thoughts:

Read about books or reading! Actually as I looked at my pile of books I borrowed from the library, there are 3 books that would already fit into this category. Should I try to read 3, or 6....? I think I will stick with "Bookworm" for now, so that I have time to read books for other challenges. If I end up reading more than 3, all the better!

My List:
  1. Godmother: The Secret Cinderella Story by Carolyn Turgeon
  2. TBD
  3. TBD


Challenge Participants' Reviews:
January

#3
 
March
April
May
June
July
August
Spetember
October
November
December

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining my challenge and yes, you can always change your level as you go. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined the Bibliophilic Books challenge too. I am excited about it. Here is my sign up post and list of book.

    I look forward to seeing what books you pick. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lesley - thanks for hosting the challenge! We'll see how it goes at the end of the year :)

    @ Rose City Reader - great! Thanks for posting your list, definitely gives me some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete