Pages


Friday, January 1, 2010

RYOB - Read Your Own Books Challenge


MizB is hosting the Read Your Own Books (RYOB) challenge. More info here.

  • Pick a number of books you’d like to read in one year
  • Choose those books from your OWN collection
  • Read them between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010
  • Re-Reads are NOT allowed (the challenge is to get more of your own books read that have been sitting there waiting!)
  • Audiobooks & e-books ARE allowed

My thoughts:

I don't buy a lot of books, but when I do, they are usually non-fiction so I can keep for references. Out of the 100 books or so I read in the past year, they are almost 99.9% from the library... I really need to read some of my own books! I think I'll try to read 10... probably should be more, but I go to the library all the time (need to return the books and pick up the reserve you know!) and each time I can't help but browse at the New Books shelves... and end up taking more books home than I'd just returned...

My list:
  1. Jin-Ling's Two Left Feet by Helen Chen
  2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  3. My Lost Daughter by Nancy Taylor Rosenberg
  4. The Secret of Chanel No. 5: The Intimate History of the World's Most Famous Perfume by Tilar J. Mazzeo
  5. Semper Cool: One Marine's Fond Memories of Vietnam by Barry Fixler
  6. Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey
  7. TBD
  8. TBD
  9. TBD
  10. TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment