Pages


Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cool Bookmarks!

This is a blog I followed that I love - Inspire Me Now - and saw some really cool bookmarks!

The following is posted originally from Icoeye - aren't they creative! Love Sherlock Holmes, Robin Hood, The Little Prince and Alice in Wonderland!










Even with a bookmark, I always forget exactly where I stopped if it's not at a natural break like a new chapter. Would this be very useful!




















What do you usually use as bookmarks? I am still old-fashioned and read books, and don't own a kindle or other e-reader... guess that won't be a problem then. I usually just use some scrap paper - preferably thicker paper like card stock as they hold up better, and with space that I can write down notes or page numbers of the quotes or interesting insights I want to use in the review. How about you?

6 comments:

  1. I came across these the other day - they are really cute! For some reason the little prince on especially appeals to me.

    The bookmarks I currently use consist of old mail/envelopes lying around - whatever's in grabbing distance when I need to pause my reading. Occasionally I use an actual bookmark, but I also have a huge tendency to lose my bookmarks :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dana - The Little Prince is one of my all time favorites, though I haven't read it for a long, long time, so who knows what I think of it now? I use old envelopes too! Yes I seems to lose my bookmarks also, thus using things that I don't mind losing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Juju - aren't they? Though I fear if I have them, I'd lose them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative! They should sell those as real package of book and its bookmark! But for me the bookmark can't be too flimsy as I carry my book everywhere in my bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @mee - that'd have been a great idea if they do sell them! Would make great display/decorations :) I usually have a book with me too so I understand not wanting something flimsy!

    ReplyDelete