Pages


Friday, January 1, 2010

The Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge for 2010


The Betty and Boo Chronicles is hosting The Memorable Memoir Reading Challenge for 2010. More info is posted here.

  • Memoirs, letters, diaries, and autobiographies count as reads for this challenge. (Basically, if you think it is the stuff of memoir, it counts.)
  • Overlaps with other challenges are allowed. Audiobooks and e-books are also allowed.
  • Participants are encouraged to read at least 4 memoirs/diaries/letters/autobiography books in 2010. Of course, more are fine!

My thoughts:

I read a lot of memoir already, so this shouldn't be too difficult - but I am interested to see what others are reading so I can add on to my To-Read list!

My list:
  1. Tell Them I Didn't Cry: A Young Journalist's Story of Joy, Loss, and Survival in Iraq by Jackie Spinner with Jenny Spinner
  2. Never Trust a Thin Cook and Other Lessons from Italy's Culinary Capital by Eric Dregni
  3. The Hunger: A Story of Food, Desire, and Ambition by John DeLucie 
  4. Genetic Rounds: A Doctor's Encounters in the Field that Revolutionized Medicine by Robert Marion MD
  5. Notes Left Behind by Brooke and Keith Desserich 
  6. The Promise: How One Woman Made Good on Her Extraordinary Pact to Send a Classroom of 1st Graders to College by Oral Lee Brown
  7. Believe It, Be It: How Being The Biggest Loser Won Me Back My Life by Ali Vincent 
  8. Algernon, Charlie, and I: A Writer's Journey by Daniel Keyes 
  9. The Color of Water: A Black Man's Tribute to His White Mother by James McBride
  10. Open: An Autobiography by Andre Agassi 
  11. Not by Chance Alone: My Life as a Social Psychologist by Elliot Aronson 
  12. Semper Cool: One Marine's Fond Memories of Vietnam by Barry Fixler 

Challenge Participants' Reviews here

    1 comment:

    1. Thanks so much for joining the challenge! I'm hoping to have some ideas for my Sunday Salon post. :)

      ReplyDelete