Marple, Poirot, Holmes
Read Your Own Books
Take Another Chance
War Through the Generations
Let's see how I did!
- 100+ Reading - YAY! 24 Non-Fiction, 74 Fiction, 6 Graphic Novels, 4 Books in Chinese and 11 Did Not Finish. Well, if you count only Non-Fiction and Fiction, then it's 98 books altogether. But It's over 100 if you count the books I read in Chinese, and graphic novels.. so do they count or not?! Interesting, the past couple of years prior to 2010, I read about 75% Non-Fiction, but this year it's the other way round. I think I'd try 50-50 next year, especially since there were some fiction I didn't quite like this year... Would I aim for 100 books again? I don't know (I did read 100 books in 2008 and 104 books in 2009). I think I'd just read what I enjoy and see where I am. Quality over quantity...
- Bibliophilic Books - Oops! 1 out of 3. There were some Non-Fiction I wanted to read for this challenge, but didn't end up reading them
- Global - Oops! 3 out of 6. Read Asia, Europe and North America. Missed Africa, Australasia and South America
- Marple, Poirot, Holmes - Oops! 1 out of 6. Though I did read another Agatha Christie book, just not a Marple or Poirot one...
- Memorable Memoir - YAY! 12 out of 4. Do I get bonus points? :) Definitely enjoy memoir
- Read Your Own Books - Oops! 6 out of 10. Need to read more of my own books... but I love my library!
- Science Books - YAY! 3 out of 3. Thought I'd read more...
- Take Another Chance - Oops! 3 out of 6. Guess didn't take that many chances...
- War Through the Generations - Oops! 1 out of 5. I am disappointed I didn't finish this one, this is one I want to finish... alas just wasn't in the mood...
- Young Adult - YAY! 23 out of 12. Surprised that I read that many YA! Some great ones, some misses...
- Non-Fiction Five - YAY! 6 out of 5 in 4 months.
So, finished 5 challenges, and didn't finish 6...
I am glad I tried the challenges in 2010. First year blogging, and first year doing challenges. I think it helps me decide what to do for 2011... stay tuned.
THANK YOU to everyone who hosted the challenges in 2010! I know it's a lot of work, and it's much appreciated!